The adults of today are well acquainted with the adverse effects of gluten foods. It is your responsibility to get the kids in your house to practice these gluten free food habits from age. Snacks are a favorite item of every kid, and gluten free snacks can just fit in the right spot. There are many snacks out there that carry no nutrition and put an adverse effect on kids’ health.
Choose the snacks that are nutritious and has health benefits for your kid. It is difficult to convince kids for not having a particular snack, but a healthy practice will lead them to a healthy future. Convincing can be easy if you find the perfect replacement with gluten free snacks. In this article, you will know about two best and easy-to-bake gluten free snacks and their recipes that will help to give your kids a healthy habit.
Potato Crunch Chips
- You can prefer a basic potato or a sweet potato. A sweet potato will add more health benefits to the dish. Peel the sweet potato and cut into thin strips. Before that, keep the oven ready and heated up to 375 degrees.
- Add the potato strips to a bowl and mix it with olive oil for the coating. Now take the strips out on a sheet then into the oven and continue baking until its crispy. The process will take at least 30 minutes.
- After the pieces are crunchy, serve it on a plate and leave it in room temperature. Store it in a container, and your evening snacks are ready. You can have it as a snack, in a salad or soup.
Gluten Free Snacks Cheese Crackers
These gluten free snacks use gluten free flour, salt, water, butter and cheese as ingredients. It is entirely healthy and purely free from gluten contents.
- Keep the oven ready before you start preparing the dough. The oven temperature should be at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Combine gluten free flour, butter and cheese in a food processor. Allow it to process the mixture until it is adequately mixed with a crisp texture. Add water to it until the dough is ready.
- Make two balls out of the dough and let it chill for not more than fifteen minutes. Now roll one of the balls and make it into a sheet of dough. Use a cutter or a knife to cut the dough sheet into small cubes. Sprinkle salt on the cubes to give it a salty taste.
- Bake it in the oven for 15 minutes until you find them browning. You will get a cheesy smell once it is done. Take it out of the oven and separate the cubes but do it after it cools down. Do the same procedure with the left out dough ball. You can store them in a plastic bag and keep it in the fridge.
These are the two easiest recipes of gluten free snacks that require less baking time and are healthy and tasty at the same time. If your kids love some evening snacks, then you can prepare either of the snacks and store it for a week-long craving. Getting into gluten free habits might be tough but is fruitful in the long run.